Founded in 2010, AFRIpads is a the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable sanitary pads. We are founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality. Our innovative menstrual health and hygiene solution drives life-changing impact through our reusable products, menstrual health education and an evidence-based approach. Our reusable menstrual kits are quality certified – providing women and girls with a sustainable menstrual product solution that offers lasting protection, comfort and dignity.
AFRIpads seeks a knowledgeable and experienced Quality Controller with a background in a garments industry. The ideal candidate is a qualified Quality Controller with a minimum three years of experience in garments manufacturing with a team of at least 100 employees.
We offer a 2-year contract with the potential for performance-based extension or transition to an open employment contract.
- Analyze and approve reports from Trim Inspection.
- Keep all the direct material samples from inspection report.
- Conduct 7/0 Inspection.
- Responsible for UNBS/ New product samples.
- Receive testing, absorbency reports from store and share it with HODS, HOP and RND.
- Conducts end table inspections four times a day without failure.
- Prepares weekly and monthly quality reports.
- Do an independent 3/0 system at least two times a day.
- Conduct Pre and Final inspections and rejects any that fail to meet quality expectations
- Grant any quality related approvals including templates/patterns.
- Conducts quality related trainings in order to create quality awareness to the team.
- Maintain samples of each fabric item received.
- Keep samples of each custom order.
- Observe and abide by the AFRIpads (U) LTD Rules and Regulations.
- Resolve quality-related issues adhering to deadlines
- Prepare documentation of the inspection process, which includes detailed reports and quality performance records.
- Recommend improvement measures to the production process to ensure quality control standards are met
- Take a thorough at the plant cleanliness and ensures an organized work place.
- Carry out quality assessment measures of all the products ready to be shipped and incoming raw materials.
- Guide the production team about the quality control issues to enhance the quality of the product.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors and managers.
Education and Qualifications
- Essential: A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Science/Technology, Quality Management, Mechanical engineering or garment manufacturing.
- Essential: An equivalent of three years’ experience and training in a Quality Controller position working with a reputable garments company.
- Essential: Experience from garments company with minimum of 100 employees.
- Knowledge and experience in garments production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of quality systems and exposure to ISO standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Mastery of both English and Luganda, with excellent written and oral language skills
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities
- Able to prepare reports and plan
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Physical strength
- Computer literacy
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and a 2-year employment contract with the opportunity to transition to an open employment contract.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV (max. 2-pages), cover letter (1-page), and three professional references (1-page) to the undersigned no later than 17 October 2021. Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Quality Controller
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. In case you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful.