AFRIpads is the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable sanitary pads and underwear. We are founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality. Our innovative menstrual health and hygiene solution drive life-changing impact through our reusable products, menstrual health education, and an evidence-based approach. Our core product, AFRIpads Reusable Menstrual Kits, provides women and girls with a sustainable, quality certified menstrual product solution that offers lasting protection, comfort, and dignity. AFRIpads has its head office in Kampala, Uganda, and a branch in Nairobi, Kenya. The AFRIpads factory is located in rural Southwestern Uganda, supported by our team of nearly 140 employees (over 80% female). AFRIpads products are exported to over 40 countries and have impacted the lives of more than 5 million women and girls. To learn more please visit www.afripads.com.
AFRIpads seeks a knowledgeable and experienced Production Manager with a background in production and manufacturing processes and techniques preference from the garments industry. The ideal candidate is a qualified Production Manager with a minimum of five years of experience in manufacturing with a team of at least 100 employees.
We offer a 2-year contract with the potential for performance-based extension or transition to an open employment contract.
● Independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily production management details and remaining organized and focused.
● Determine and implement efficient production methods.
● Collaborate and coordinate between the departments: sales, stores and supply chain for seamless flow of all operations and activities.
● Oversee the maintenance function of the plant.
● Effectively manage factory Inventory.
● Ensuring proper and timely training provided to all workers for reaching optimal performance metrics.
● Oversee the implementation of the health and safety guidelines in the plant.
● Determine and implement an effective cost management system.
● Provide the oversight and technical support required for the overall management and daily running of the factory.
● Oversee Hygiene of the plant.
● Provide Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports.
Required Skills, Education and Expertise
➔ Essential: A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Science/Technology, Quality Management, Mechanical engineering or garment manufacturing.
➔ Essential: An equivalent of five years of experience and training in a managerial position working with a reputable manufacturing company.
➔ Essential: Minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing of 100 employees, of which at least 3 years must have been at the managerial level.
➔ Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques, especially in apparel merchandise.
➔ Strong planning, organizational, and time management abilities
➔ Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence
➔ Knowledge of quality systems and exposure to ISO standards & health and safety standards.
➔ Mastery of both English and Luganda, with excellent written and oral language skills
➔ Ability to handle staff from diverse communities and cultures.
➔ Computer literacy (advanced literacy of MS Office applications) and familiarity with Google Drive. Experience with Slack and Asana preferred.
➔ Demonstrated ability to work at the managerial level, proactively and with minimal supervision, and with a commitment to teamwork
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and a 2-year employment contract with the opportunity to transition to an open employment contract.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV (max. 2-pages), cover letter (1-page), and three professional references (1 page) to the undersigned no later than 18th January 2023. Submit your application through this link Job Application.
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful.