Founded in 2010, AFRIpads is a the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable sanitary pads. We are founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality. Our innovative menstrual health and hygiene solution drives life-changing impact through our reusable products, menstrual health education and an evidence-based approach. Our reusable menstrual kits are quality certified – providing women and girls with a sustainable menstrual product solution that offers lasting protection, comfort and dignity.
AFRIpads seeks a knowledgeable and experienced Production Manager with a background in production and manufacturing processes and techniques in garments industry. The ideal candidate is a qualified
Production Manager with a minimum of five years of experience in garments manufacturing with a team of at least 100 employees.
We offer a 2-year contract with the potential for performance-based extension or transition to an open employment contract.
- Production Planning and monitoring to ensure goods are produced as per the set production schedule and required quality standard.
- Oversee and monitor product standards as well as implement quality-control standards.
- Inventory Management; Plan, monitor issuance, oversee controls and accountability of inventory in order to deliver on time reconciliation as well as take part in scheduled stock take exercise.
- Prepare on time production related reports and check all production related documentation to ensure they are updated and maintained in an accurate and timely manner to facilitate decision making.
- Monitor production efficiency to ensure production targets are meet effectively.
- Plan and manage human and other resources to meet production targets.
- Maintain hygiene and ensure that health and safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Order Processing; coordinate and ensure all customer orders are processed and delivered on time.
- Supervise and maintain a fully motivated team and aim to build a positive working relationship with co-workers to achieve productivity
- Supervise equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement.
- Work out, implement and audit standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure they are adhered to.
- Spearhead all compliance audits with regulators such as UNBS and any other regulators.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement in liaison with Human Resource Department.
- Monitor and manage production budgets.
- Cost management; implement cost control programs to ensure production is cost effective.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, research, distribution and management.
- Communicate production status to management on a regular basis
- Coordinate, plan and delegate daily work responsibilities to the Head of Departments in liason with the Head of production.
- Provide administrative assistance through follow-up on purchase of utilities, office supplies, supplier payments etc.
Education and Qualifications
- Essential: A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Science/Technology, Quality Management, Mechanical engineering or garment manufacturing.
- Essential: An equivalent of five years’ experience and training in a managerial position working with a reputable apparel company.
- Essential: Experience from a garments company with minimum of 100 employees, of which at least 3 years must have been at managerial level.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques most especially in apparel merchandise.
- Knowledge of quality systems and exposure to ISO standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Mastery of both English and Luganda, with excellent written and oral language skills
- Exceptional leadership skills, having an ability to influence
- Ability to handle staff from diverse communities and cultures.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities
- Able to prepare reports and plan
- Good at managing budgets
- Highly flexible.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated basic knowledge in accounting and inventory management
- Computer literacy (advanced literacy of MS Office applications) and familiarity with Google Drive. Experience with Slack and Asana preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work at managerial level, proactively and with minimal supervision, and with a commitment to teamwork
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and a 2-year employment contract with the opportunity to transition to an open employment contract.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV (max. 2-pages), cover letter (1-page), and three professional references (1-page) to the undersigned no later than 17 October 2021. Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Production Manager
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. In case you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful.