Founded in 2010, AFRIpads is a the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable sanitary pads. We are founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality. Our innovative menstrual health and hygiene solution drives life-changing impact through our reusable products, menstrual health education and an evidence-based approach. Our reusable menstrual kits are quality certified – providing women and girls with a sustainable menstrual product solution that offers lasting protection, comfort and dignity.
AFRIpads is seeking a Partnerships and Evidence Associate with a background in delivering training and providing capacity building in the area of women’s health, specifically menstrual health. The ideal candidate has experience working with both small and large NGOs to deliver training, with a minimum of 3 years experience in similar roles.
In this role, the associate will be responsible for delivering training on the AFRIpads Menstrual Health and Hygiene (MHH) curriculum, as well as training on our Data Collection Toolkit. The associate will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of the trainings, as well as ongoing support to partners on technical aspects of the training content. This will include technical support on MH, as well as support on data collection processes, KOBO collect and data monitoring and analysis.
Sales support (20%)
The associate will also provide support to business development and sales related activities. Support to sales and business development may include: managing incoming sales enquiries and sharing these with the relevant sales team members, providing training on AFRIpads use and care for walk in customers who are interested in buying our products, and other tasks.
We offer a 1-year contract with the potential for performance based extension or transition to an open employment contract.
Training and facilitation (80%- estimated 4 days per week)
- Support to scheduling and arrangement of trainings and meetings for pilot projects in liaison with the Evidence and Partnerships Manager. This includes both online and in person trainings.
- Support to coordination of trainings, including preparation meetings with partners prior to trainings, preparation and adaptation of training materials (PowerPoint presentations, hand outs, training activities), making logistical arrangements for field based trainings including planning of travel, venue arrangement, the development of training agendas and activities.
- Confident and independent delivery of the AFRIpads Menstrual Health and Hygiene training curriculum and the Data Collection Toolkit to partners, both in person and online.
- For the MHH curriculum, this includes the delivery of the topics happy and healthy during my period, the menstrual cycle, the reproductive system, tracking your period and training on the use and care of AFRIpads products.
- For the Data Collection Toolkit, this includes the delivery of topics including research consent, baseline and endline surveys, focus group discussions, as well as technical support to the use of our data collection platform, KOBO collect.
- For pilot projects, data collection support will include:
- Hands on support to partners in setting up KOBO collect, accessing the AFRIpads surveys, and guidance on administering the surveys.
- Training of enumerators in pilots where partners specifically ask for this support.
- Support in the extraction and analysis of data from the KOBO collect platform
- Manage collection of feedback from participants after trainings. Ensure that feedback is collated and communicated to the Evidence and Partnerships Manager.
- Preparing monthly training reports, outlining trainings conducted, numbers of participants reached, feedback from participants and lessons learnt.
- Provide support to the Evidence and Partnerships Manager for the update of our Menstrual Health and Hygiene training curriculum . This includes conceptualising of new training topics, support to the writing and review of the new curriculum.
Sales support (20% – estimated 1 day per week)
- Support to sales tasks including:
- Managing the AFRIpads information account in which we receive email enquiries about our business. You will be responsible for sharing incoming enquiries with the relevant sales team members.
- Overall, providing insights to the team on the type of email enquiries we receive. Provide analysis of enquiries by country, NGO type, and order size.
- Provide ad hoc support to the sales team when clients walk into the AFRIpads office. This will involve undertaking AFRIpads use and care demonstrations to clients. This is likely to be very ad hoc and sporadic, and will require flexibility to deliver quickly.
Education and Qualifications
- Essential: A bachelor’s degree or certification in Social Sciences/Social Work/Population Sciences/International Development/Health/Public Health/Nursing/Medicine/Research or related fields.
- Essential: An equivalent 3 years’ experience in training or facilitation working with a reputable organisation.
- Experience in delivering and facilitating training on women’s health, especially in menstrual health and hygiene.
- Knowledge of menstrual health products, particularly reusable menstrual health products is strongly preferred.
- Experience delivering training and facilitation both in person and online. Can demonstrate with examples their experience of delivering training in different contexts in Uganda, for both small and large NGOs. Can demonstrate with examples their experience in online facilitation using platforms such as Zoom, Teams and Google Meet.
- Demonstrable experience in project planning and coordination of field based training activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of data collection and research principles. Understanding of how to analyse data.
- Understanding of research platforms, specifically KOBO collect, is desirable.
- Mastery of both English and Luganda, with excellent written and oral language skills. Language skills in Swahili and French are highly desirable.
- Highly flexible and able to travel regularly, with short notice. Travel is required within Uganda, and may be required in other parts of Africa.
- Ability to work with staff from diverse communities and cultures.
- Proactive and good at working independently, as well as within a small team.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy (advanced literacy of MS Office applications and virtual meeting platforms including Zoom and Google Meet), and familiarity with Google Drive. Experience with Slack preferred.
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and a 1-year employment contract with the opportunity to transition to an open employment contract.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV (max. 2-pages), cover letter (1-page), the undersigned no later than 17th January 2021. Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Partnerships and Evidence Associate.
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. In case you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Kampala, Uganda. This role will require travel within Uganda and Africa for up to 20% of the time.