AFRIpads is a pioneer and leader in the menstrual health movement in Africa. We are the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of reusable sanitary pads, with over 4 million products distributed worldwide and over 10 years of experience in the menstrual health sector. We are founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality. AFRIpads is committed to advancing socio-economic development through Africa-based manufacturing and our inclusive social business model. Our reusable sanitary pads and underwear are manufactured in our state-of-the-art production facility in rural Southwestern Uganda, where we employ over 150 local employees (90% female). The company has its head office in Kampala, Uganda and a branch in Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about our integrated menstrual health and hygiene (MHH) solutions and how we drive sustainable change through our MHH products, education and evidence-based approach, please visit: www.afripads.com.
AFRIpads seeks an experienced Human Resource & Administration Manager (HRM) to join our Management Team and lead all HR functions across the company. We seek someone who is passionate about HR, people, processes, and culture. The ideal candidate is a qualified HR professional with minimum five years of experience in HR management of a team of at least 100 employees, with preference for manufacturing sector experience.
The HRM at AFRIpads will be responsible for over 130 employees working across 4 locations in 3 countries, and reports directly to Senior Management – the Director in Kampala and the Head of Production in Masaka. The HRM will be responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of human resource policies across the company, including personnel administration, employee contract management, performance appraisal and benefit programs, training and development, recruitment and change management, safety and compliance, HR systems and processes, and organizational culture.
We offer a 2-year contract with the potential for performance-based extension or transition to an open employment contract. This position requires working on average 3-4 days/week at our manufacturing facility in Masaka and 1-2 days/week at our Kampala office. Flexibility is required, as the exact split in work station will be determined by the company’s needs and priorities.
Contract and Personnel Management
- Effectively manage and oversee all aspects of employee contract management – including offer letters, employment contracts, contract addendums, and termination letters
- Maintain complete and up to date personnel files and administration for all employees (current and archive) and track all relevant contract information, including leave tracking and planning
- Ensure staff understand their compensation and benefits packages, that staff are motivated and fairly compensated, and employee retention is high
- Guide and support managers and teams with all aspects of internal employee change management
- Serve as the lead and primary contact for all aspects of HR across the company
HR Systems and Information Management
- Develop and ensure company HR and administrative policies, processes and practices that are comprehensive, compliant with all requirements, officially documented; and disseminated to, understood and followed by all employees.
- Lead the development and utilization of efficient HR information management systems
- Track and review new developments in HR, policies, and changes in the labour market
Employee Performance Appraisal and Management
- Ensure the company’s performance appraisal system and other tools/processes for performance management are effective and are conducted at the appropriate frequency and on time. Document appraisal results to track progress and performance, and to ensure quality and consistency of appraisals across the company
- Support managers to develop and implement employee performance improvement plans as required, and ensuring all documentation and processes are followed
- In coordination with line managers, identify high potential employees and opportunities for advancement within the company and lead appropriate career planning
- Document, report, track and monitor all aspects of employee misconduct and oversee any necessary disciplinary actions or performance management. Provide guidance to managers on employee grievance and disciplinary requirements.
Employee Training and Development
- Lead all aspects of employee training and development, promoting and facilitating a learning culture and continuous growth of team members
- Develop annual employee training and development plan in coordination with managers, identify appropriate and cost-effective service providers, and deliver on plan to achieve optimal gains and outcomes in employee performance through both internal and external staff training.
- Develop effective system to track and manage all administrative aspects of employee benefits
- Manage all aspects of the company’s health insurance policies, including service provider identification, contract negotiation, and overall relationship management with the provider, to supporting employees in regards to enrolment, payment, claims, utilization and day to day usage, to monitoring employee usage and satisfaction with the health service providers and policy benefits
Recruitment, On-boarding and Exit Management
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of recruitment for the company – including vacancy notices, circulation and distribution of job adverts, selection and management of recruitment agencies, recruitment resource database, candidate screening, interviews and selection
- Responsible for orientation and on-boarding of all new employees in coordination with hiring managers, to ensure new staff transition smoothly and effectively into their role and the company.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of employee dismissal, termination and turnover – included but not limited to processing all termination/exit paperwork, exit interviews, terminal benefits, repossession of company equipment and information, removal from company health insurance policy, closing of personnel file, internal and external communication, and any other related requirements
- Ensure that the procedures in place are adhered to and are within the requirements of labour laws
- Manage payroll, ensuring complete, accurate and timely preparation with zero errors
- Lead finance function in Masaka production department, responsible for all accounting
Compliance, Health and Safety
- Ensure all aspects of the company’s HR function and all company policies and practices are in accordance with Labour Law requirements and standards
- Provide guidance to management on labour issues and changes in statutory requirements, and proactively update company systems, policies and processes accordingly
- Actively promote and ensure a work environment that prioritizes employee welfare and safety
- Encourage an open-door policy that enables employees to share their views, concerns and recommendations
- Serve as primary contact for all stakeholder management related to HR, liaising with local authorities and other stakeholders as needed to achieve the company’s objectives and requirements
- Lead community engagement in all priority areas, including Masaka and Kampala
- You are goal and target focused with a competitive nature, and have the ability to work independently with little guidance in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent client relationship management, sales and customer service skills, with the ability to negotiate and persuade.
- Ability to quickly internalize information and understand which opportunities make commercial sense to peruse, from an in-depth understanding of the market and our products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly proficient in written (email) correspondence and strong presentation skills. Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan tasks strategically, independently and with keen eye for detail in order to reach the sales targets and company’s objectives.
- Complete proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce or other sales management software is preferred but not necessary.
- Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen sensitivity to empower and enable value-conscious consumers through social enterprise.
- Strong work ethic, and good moral judgment.
Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or in a directly related degree from a recognized and accredited university. A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management is an advantage.
- Membership with a professional Human Resource body or other additional relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience at managerial level in Human Resource and Administration Management.
- Experience in a reputable company with minimum 100 employees, of which at least 3 years must have been at managerial level is a must. Experience in manufacturing industry is an advantage.
Requirements and Skills
- Thorough understanding of Uganda and Regional employment laws is essential
- Sound knowledge of internationally recognized Human Resource Management principles, policies and procedures and HR best practices
- Mastery of both English and Luganda, with excellent written and oral language skills
- Seasoned ‘people manager’ with clear managerial competence, and demonstrated experience and success in overseeing employee productivity, motivation and performance management
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively and to proactively improve on existing systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated financial skills, including knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles, basic accounting and inventory management
- Computer literacy (advanced literacy of MS Office applications) and familiarity with Google Drive. Experience with Slack and Asana preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work at managerial level, proactively and with minimal supervision, and with a commitment to teamwork
- The ideal candidate is a person of very high and unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Split work schedule requiring on average 3 work days/week in Kampala and 2 work days/week in Masaka – but with flexibility based on the company requirements and priorities
- HR and administrative support of AFRIpads employees and operations outside Uganda – currently in Kenya and Malawi
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and a 2-year employment contract with the opportunity to transition to an open employment contract.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV (max. 2-pages), cover letter (1-page), and three professional references (1-page) to the undersigned no later than 17 February 2021. Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: HR & Administration Manager
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. In case you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Masaka and Kampala, Uganda
1 March 2021